Most of people start their weight loss journey with an attitude to change the way they look. This is especially true when it comes to their social media handles, which should not be the case. Weight loss, on the other hand, should be an attempt to achieve a healthy lifestyle and gain unfaltering confidence. This, for many people, has remained a dilemma because of their obesity. Confidence is everything, and losing it due to the insecurities, we humans feel leaves us anxious. With so many products available in the market to burn extra calories and fats, I feel the most sustainable way to go through the process is by exercising. Every other shortcut that promises you a slim body is a waste of time and money.
This blog, unlike those marketing gimmicks, will focus on how incorporating kettlebell exercises in your fitness routine will actually bring you sustainable outcomes. Read on to know ‘how’.
Things to Know about Kettlebell Workout
- A cannonball lookalike, a kettlebell is a cast-iron free weight that comes with a handle to carry it.
- A kettlebell workout is a calories blast that burns up to 400 calories in 20 minutes. It raises your heartbeat and burns up to 20 calories in one minute, which is equivalent to a 6-minute mile running.
- It is up to you if you want to include a few kettlebell exercises in your workout or start anew with a committed kettlebell workout a few times a week.
- Kettlebell work is a high-intensity physical activity, so be prepared to sweat buckets while doing a series of cardio or strength-training moves such as lunges, push-ups, squats, or kettlebell swings.
- Kettlebell exercises will improve the flexibility of your body.
- It is a high-intensity workout, which will get your heart pumping. This makes it great cardio, albeit also best known for building stronger muscles.
- Often people misjudge kettlebells with a form of sport, but they are just fitness equipment that you can use while performing vigorous exercises.
- Cost ranges from $10 to $100 depending on the size of the kettlebell weights. Xn8 Sports have a collection of kettlebells in premium quality cast-iron and vinyl at highly affordable prices that are also pocket-friendly.
- Kettlebell weights range from five to 100 pounds, where kettlebell weight size 8kg for women and 16kg for men is recommended for beginners.
- You can perform kettlebell exercises both indoor and outdoor. If you are a complete beginner, you can watch online or sign up for the classes to learn how to start.
Top Five Benefits of Kettlebell Workout
- Kettlebell swings work efficiently to activate the posterior chain muscles of glutes, back, and hamstrings in a powerful but safe way.
- It elevates the heart rate and blood flow throughout the body without the traditional joint-battering effect that you may have been feeling in cardio.
- With a kettlebell workout, you will be able to develop improved hip mobility by unlocking the tight hips and strengthening the back muscles.
- Kettle swings are also a great way to strengthen the isolated muscles of the back, which are mostly ignored in other forms of strength training.
- Kettlebell is trainers’ hot favourite fitness equipment that promises both conditioning and sturdiness. If you combine kettlebell swings with squats and push ups, you will lose the surplus fat, while building a stronger posterior.
Top Three Kettlebell Exercises to Burn Fat
1- Kettlebell Squat and Press
The kettlebell squat and press or as commonly known as thruster is an ideal choice for weight loss because this exercise will engage multiple muscle groups of your body. Moreover, it will increase your heart rate in a cardiovascular fashion.
A squat is a fundamental movement that we use whenever we sit or stand and acts as a mechanism to pump blood through the body, thus lubricating the joints with necessary nutrients and oxygen. If you are suffering from lower back pain, then this exercise is an excellent way to prevent that notorious pain.
While performing the squats, make sure that your thighs drop parallel to the floor because the depth of the squat matters to stimulate the buttock muscles correctly. Watch the video to understand how to rightly perform this exercise for fat loss.
2- Kettlebell Swings
Kettlebell swings are one the top kettlebell exercise, which is best known for fat loss, but it can be pretty technical for the people who are just starting with this fitness equipment.
Just like kettlebell squat and press exercise, this move engages most of the muscles but particularly works for the back. Your entire back along with the glutes and hamstrings take the effect during the swing. It stands out in a way that it does not require a deep knee bend like squat, so it is a safe move to perform for people suffering from bad knee conditions.
Also cardiovascular in nature, as swinging the kettlebell in between the legs takes a lot of stamina and energy. As with kettlebell squat and press, the kettlebell swing does not require you to move your feet, so you don’t need a spacious room to perform this exercise. As good as it is for shedding off unwanted fats, it is an extraordinary move to develop the abs as it mimics the standing plank position.
Watch a video on kettlebell swings to understand how to do it correctly.
3- Kettlebell Lunge and Press
If you have good leg strength, then this is one of the best kettlebell exercises to lose weight. Just a little tip, you should know the right way to do the squat before performing this move, otherwise, you’ll feel it in your knees due to the lack of stamina.
Kettlebell lunge improves hip mobility for day-to-day activities, and it often surprises people because of the cardio output that they get from this exercise. Before adding the overhead press to this exercise, first, you must master the kettlebell lunge. The buttock muscles play a huge role in activating the fat burn in your body. That’s why the depth of the lunge is as important in this move as it is in the squat for activating the hip muscles.
To ensure that you are doing this exercise correctly, watch this video.
Shortcuts to weight loss always prove disastrous to health. You can get instantaneous gratification but on the cost of your health. Exercise combined with healthy food is the only successful recipe to achieve the weight loss goal. If you have this goal in mind, then kettlebells are one of the most desired and effective fitness tool to burn fats in a sustainable way. This blog has tried to inform you on the benefits of incorporating this miraculous tool in your fitness regime. If you have made your mind to make a purchase, then click right away on Xn8 Sports website to place your order for top-quality kettlebells at affordable prices.